13 Jan Announcing the NYSCASA Sexual Assault Demonstration Initiative – Cohort Period 1 Applications Due February 10, 2021
The New York State Coalition Against Sexual Assault is pleased to offer a new training and technical assistance opportunity, the NYSCASA Sexual Assault Demonstration Initiative (SADI).
NYSCASA will convene three 20-month cohort periods between January 2021 and December 2025, with three cohorts in each period. This initiative will provide up to nine sexual assault programs across the state an opportunity to receive specialized support in the following areas:
- Enhancing sexual assault advocacy services and outreach (Cohort A)
- Strengthening prevention activities (Cohort B)
- Mitigating vicarious trauma in professionals addressing sexual assault (Cohort C)
To read the full NYSCASA SADI announcement, please visit our website: www.nyscasa.org/sadi.
There, you’ll find answers to the following questions:
- What is the NYSCASA SADI?
- What are the benefits of being a SADI site?
- What is the timeline for NYSCASA’s SADI?
- Who can apply to become a SADI site?
- What is required of a SADI site?
- How does my organization apply?
On January 28, 2-3 PM ET, NYSCASA staff will host an informational webinar about the initiative. This session will provide background and important information about the initiative, with Q&A with NYSCASA staff to follow.
Click here to register or copy and paste the following URL into your web browser’s address bar: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_jl-X_YpzS62t5umqJVLAMQ
- Application released: January 13, 2021
- Informational webinar: January 28, 2021
- Application deadline for Cohort Period 1: February 10, 2021
- Notification to participants for Cohort Period 1: March 3, 2021
- Project period for Cohort Period 1: March 2021 – August 2022
Any New York State-based organization delivering sexual assault crisis intervention and/or sexual violence prevention services in New York State is eligible to apply. Click here to read more about eligibility.
How to Apply
If you have additional questions, please contact Josie McPherson, Senior Director of Systems Advocacy, email@example.com, 518-482-4222 x315