How is NYSCASA involved in policy work? NYSCASA educates legislators and other policy- and decision-makers about the impacts, including unintended consequences, of existing and proposed policies on sexual assault victims/survivors. NYSCASA responds to requests for feedback about policies and also recommends policies that would improve sexual assault intervention and prevention services.
Does NYSCASA have a legislative agenda? Our current legislative agenda is outlined below. Please contact Selena Bennett-Chambers at email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.
- Child Victims Act and Child Victims Act Extension
- Adult Survivors Act
- Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- Domestic Violence Survivors Justice Act
- Full Regimen of HIV PEP medication for survivors of sexual violence at no cost to the survivor
- Improvements to Sexual Harassment Laws, Sexual Assault Laws and related policies and laws
How do I get involved? See below for information about how to contact your legislators. See our Policy Action Center for scripts you can use to engage your elected officials.
How do I contact my legislators? Use the links below to contact your legislators.