20 Apr Training of Facilitators: Nurturing, Valuing, and Protecting LGBTQIA+ Youth ©
Learn to facilitate effective prevention trainings!
From 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM ET
At Online via Zoom
Starts at $400
Presented by Prevent Child Abuse Vermont / [email protected]
This 6 hour training provided via Zoom interactive real time platform will equip attendees with the knowledge and skills to facilitate Nurturing, Valuing, and Protecting LGBTQIA+ Youth.
Adults want all children and youth to thrive. While learning about the acronym “LGBTQIA+” participants discuss the importance of nurturing the discovery and exploration of gender identity. LGBT youth are at a greater risk of sexual abuse than their peers. Attendees will learn practical strategies to decrease this risk.
Participants will learn how to:
- train adults on ways to nurture the formation of gender identity.
- train adults on to think critically about why LGBTQIA+ youth may be at an increased risk of experiencing child sexual abuse.
- train adults to develop primary prevention skills with LGBTQIA+ youth in mind.
This training prepares you to deliver the program to the staff of your organization. A licensing fee is required to present to a wider audience.
- Training- $400
- Training and 6 Month License- $1,400*
- Training and 1 Year License- $2,200*
- *Multiple trainers within an organization work under just one license.