24 Mar Survivors Healing Workshop Series
An opportunity for survivors of sexual trauma to discuss healing and reimagining community safety.
From 1:00 PM until 2:30 PM ET
At Virtual Event
Presented by Black Roots Alliance, Sacred Apothecary, and Survivors Know / [email protected]
Black Roots Alliance, Sacred Apothecary and Survivors Know are co-convening the Survivors Healing Workshop Series for survivors of gender-based violence and harassment to discuss abolition as a pathway to Black liberation. As survivors reimagining justice and expanding anti-carceral remedies to interpersonal violence can be hard to conceptualize when we have been raised in a society that prioritizes carceral systems and responses to sexual violence. Expanding restorative and civil options can open the door to solutions that not only center the needs of survivors but also address the root causes of violence. We believe it is important to divest from systems that uphold policing and prisons as the solution to sexual violence in order to invest in community-based interventions that promote BIPOC survivor liberation and healing. We hope to hold a supportive space for the tension and complexities and to lay the groundwork for a necessary paradigm shift in the way justice, accountability, violence, and community reliance are understood and approached.
The first virtual event in this series will premiere on Friday, March 25th from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm CST (1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST).
- Friday, June 3rd 12-1:30 CST (1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST)
- Friday, July 29th 12-1:30 CST (1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST)
Our Group Agreements:
- I commit to protecting the confidentiality of our space.
- I commit to asking permission before sharing any information shared freely in the group.
- I commit to collective decision making.
- I commit to being brave and authentic.
- I commit to valuing, supporting, and lifting up others.
- I commit to changing our communities for the benefit of all.