19 May Re-envisioning How We End Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence
NY needs to be a state where every survivor of gender-based violence is supported. No one response to violence will be able to achieve this.
From 10:30 AM until 12:00 PM
At Virtual Event
Presented by the New York State Office of the Attorney General and PowHer™ New York, in collaboration with the New York State Coalition Against Sexual Assault and the New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Re-envisioning How We End Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence, a virtual panel event hosted by the Office of NYS Attorney General Letitia James and PowHer™ New York, will explore how the criminal justice system does not meet the needs of some survivors, particularly those of color, and highlight a few community-based approaches across the state that are survivor-centered and culturally-inclusive.
- NYS Attorney General Letitia James
- Luz Marquez Benbow, International Alianza de Mujeres Negrx
- Hailey Nolasco, Rise Project at the Center for Court Innovations
- Anne Patterson, STEPS to End Family Violence at Rising Ground
- Nastassja “Stas” Schmiedt, Spring Up
- Tai Johnson, Special Advisor to the Attorney General
- Selena Bennett-Chambers, NYSCASA
- Joan Gerhardt, NYSCADV
- Beverly Neufeld, PowHer New York
This event is co-hosted by the New York State Coalition against Sexual Assault (NYSCASA) and the New York State Coalition against Domestic Violence (NYSCADV).
Register at bit.ly/PowHerGBV