18 Feb March Solidarity PLACE (Peer Learning, Accountability, and Community Education) for Aspiring Allies in NYS Victim Services
From 1:00 PM ET until 2:00 PM ET
At Zoom Meeting
New York State Coalition Against Sexual Assault / email@example.com
NYS-based victim services staff/volunteers who are white and aspire to be allies, accomplices, and co-conspirators in support of racial justice are invited to participate in NYSCASA's upcoming peer learning calls for aspiring allies at victim services programs. These informal conversations will be facilitated by NYSCASA staff.
Logistics: This space meets on the first Thursday of the month from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM ET. This event will be held via Zoom meetings. Video participation is not required. Registrants will receive the meeting link by email.
Accessibility: The meetings will be conducted in spoken English. Please indicate in the registration form or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require language interpretation and/or closed captioning. Please provide this information at least 3 business days prior to the start of the session.
Registration: Registration is required. Please register using the links below.
Values and practices: Please see below to read about the values and practices we seek to uphold in this space.
- Humility and courage
- Integrity and authentic connection
- Transformation and growth
- Liberation and possibility
- Holding the humanity and dignity of everyone
- Holding contradictions and complexity
- Proactively taking accountability
- Seeking to understand and assuming good intent while also acknowledging the impact
- Challenging oppressive dynamics in the service of connection and trust
- Engaging in conflict openly and honestly
- Maintaining confidentiality; what is said here stays here unless consent is explicitly given to share
- Sharing time and space equitably; if we're prone to participate a lot, we are intentional about making space for others; if we're prone to not participate much, we challenge ourselves to take up space
- Recognizing that we are not a monolith; each of us brings varying experiences of privilege and oppression into this space
- Centering Blackness and decolonization in our collective struggle against white supremacy
(Adapted from Bay Area Transformative Justice Collective Values, Principles, and Practices - https://batjc.wordpress.com/batjc-values-principles-practices)
Contact: Please contact Chel Miller (email@example.com) if you have questions or require assistance with registration.