08 Feb End Rape on Campus and It’s On Us Listening Session: Students of Color
From 4:00 PM until 5:00 PM Et
Presented by End Rape On Campus and It's On Us / [email protected]
The Biden Administration is working to create the first ever National Action Plan to Prevent Gender Based Violence (GBV). The GBV National Action Plan will constitute strategic, long-term, multi-sectoral “blueprints” or programs of activity designed to address the underlying causes of GBV and work to prevent it, while simultaneously strengthening systems to support survivors.
When 1 in 4 women, 1 in 5 trans and gender nonconforming students, and 1 in 16 men will be sexually assaulted during their time at college, the experiences of college students are critical to informing a comprehensive National Action Plan.
End Rape On Campus and It's On Us are coming together to host six listening sessions throughout the months of February and March on the experiences of college students with GBV. The listening sessions will be recorded and information gathered will be shared directly with the White House Gender Policy Council to inform the creation of the National Action Plan.
- Listening Session - Current State of Title IX | Feb 15 @ 4 pm ET
- Listening Session - HBCU Students | Feb 17 @ 4 pm ET
- Listening Session - Students of Color | Feb 22 @ 4 pm ET
- Listening Session - LGBTQIA+ Students | Feb 24 @ 4 pm ET
- Listening Session - Community College Students | Mar 1 @ 4 pm ET
- Listening Session - Students with Neurodivergence and Disabilities | March 3 @ 4 pm ET
Please keep in mind that these sessions are limited to current undergraduate and graduate students only. End Rape On Campus and It's On Us reserve the right to remove any registrant who is not a current student from the listening sessions to ensure student privacy.