03 Apr Conference on Women Leaders: Advancing Women-Sensitive Public Policy in NYS
Please join the Center for Women in Government and Civil Society on April 29th at the Conference on Women Leaders: Advancing Women-Sensitive Public Policy in New York State.
From 10:00 AM until 3:00 PM
At Campus Center Ballroom, University at Albany (SUNY)
1400 Washington Ave, Albany, NY 12222
This event is free and open to the public.
Center for Women in Government and Civil Society, University at Albany, SUNY / [email protected] / 518-442-5127
This event will bring together public service leaders, practitioners, researchers, community service providers, advocates, policy-makers and students to promote the development and advancement of women-led and women-sensitive policies in New York State.
Facilitate productive dialogue among individuals and organizations concerned with advancing women-sensitive policies
Promote collaboration and coordination to strengthen alliances among stakeholders
Showcase the work of women leaders who are at the forefront of public policy change
Agenda (subject to change)
10:00am - Welcome and introduction
10:20am - Keynote by Secretary of State, Rossana Rosado
10:45am - Panel discussion
- Panelists: Assemblymember Patricia Fahy, Assemblymember Carrie Woerner, Senator Julia Salazar - and more to be confirmed!
- Moderator: Liz Benjamin - Host, Capital Tonight
12:00pm - Networking lunch
1:00pm - Concurrent breakout sessions
- Criminal Justice Reform: Emily Patka - Director of Development, Alliance of Families for Justice; Klarisse Torriente - Prison Education Coordinator, SUNY System Administration
- Violence Against Women: Karen Ziegler - Director, Crime Victim and Sexual Violence Center of Albany County
- Maternal Health: Kristin Zielinski - Senior Director of Operations, American Congress of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (ACOG) District II; Ericka Hancox - Director of Government Affairs & Policy, ACOG District II
- Disparities in Public Education: Kaweeda G. Adams - Superintendent, City of Albany School District
3:00pm - Closing remarks
RSVP/Register here: www.bit.do/womenconference