29 Sep Centering the Margins Virtual Conference
At Virtual Event
Presented by the New Jersey Coalition Against Sexual Assault (NJCASA) / [email protected]
Join NJCASA for a free 3-day virtual conference, Centering the Margins, generously supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Based on the findings of NJCASA’s statewide sexual violence needs assessment, the conference will bring together local, statewide, and national leaders in the movement to discuss how we can create more robust and equitable systems of care. This is a solutions-centered approach to addressing the needs of our communities—particularly of those who are often at most risk for sexual violence.
December 8 | 9 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.
December 9 | 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
December 10 | 9 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.
Join us to learn how to:
• Create an anti-racism action plan for your organization
• Incorporate restorative justice principles to promote healing for survivors
• Improve language accessibility
• Center the needs of diverse populations, such as BIPOC survivors, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, those with dis/abilities, and others who have historically experienced obstacles to accessing services
• Collaborate with culturally specific providers throughout N.J.
• And much more!
We are excited to be able to offer attendees the option to receive 12 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) through the Center on Violence Against Women and Children at Rutgers University School of Social Work. Attendees seeking CEUs will be required to attend all conference sessions. Though conference registration remains free, attendees who receive CEUs will be charged a discounted rate of $40 by Rutgers following conference participation. If you have questions regarding CEU certification, please email: [email protected]