29 Nov Bail Reform: Overview and Impact on Domestic Violence Cases
From 11:00 AM until 12:30 PM ET
Presented by the New York State Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence (OPDV) in partnership with the Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) and Office of Court Administration (OCA)
Due to concerns and requests for more information expressed by attendees of the first two rounds of the Domestic Violence Regional Council (DVRC) meetings, OPDV is partnering with DCJS and OCA to present the following webinar in which attendees will receive:
- An overview of arrest and bail in NYS
- Discussion of the recent statutory changes
- Information about how these changes impact domestic violence cases
- Q&A with presenters
- Ellen Schell, General Counsel, OPDV
- Lisa Smith, Chief Counsel, Family and Gender Violence, OCA
- Johanna Sullivan, Director of the Office of Public Safety, DCJS
This webinar is for Domestic Violence Advocates, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Professionals, Attorneys, Judges, and anyone interested in such information.
Registration is required: https://bit.ly/3FhyVjN.
The event password is OPDV2021.