NYSCASA’s mission is to end all forms of sexual violence and exploitation, and to address the impacts of sexual assault.
The below principles represent our united vision for social change and our determination to end sexual violence.
NYSCASA recognizes that:
- sexual violence is a human rights violation
- all people and all communities are affected by sexual violence
- the roots of sexual violence are based in oppression
- in order to eliminate sexual violence, we must transform our culture
We commit ourselves to the following principles in order to minimize the incidence and impact of sexual violence:
- victims and survivors must be empowered to recover emotionally and physically
- perpetrators must be held accountable
- communities must be educated about the root causes and impacts of sexual violence
- social institutions must eliminate all forms of discrimination and oppression
- all people across their life spans must have access to accurate information, enabling them to make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health
- all people must have access to affordable, comprehensive healthcare
- all people must be equal under the law